Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Naked Cake

 Cocoa~Pumpkin cake with Vanilla Pudding Butter~cream

I came up with this recipe because I was craving pumpkin something, and my hubby hates it.

So I added cocoa to mask the pumpkin, and to my surprise we both LOVE it.

 Best thing about a naked cake is the simplicity of the frosting. Anyone can do it, and it let's the beautiful cake be seen. Here's the recipe...

1 box  yellow cake mix
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 small can pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water
1 egg
 Blend these in a bowl until well combined. I just used a fork. Spread in two 8 inch  greased cake  tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Let cool. Frost. 





Frosting
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
1 cup milk
~Blend these together in bowl using a fork

Add 1/2 stick soft butter
~Mix using a hand mixer on high for 3 to 4 minutes until it is well mixed and a bit fluffy.

Smooth onto cooled cake using a spatula or butter knife.