Monday, January 9, 2012

RECYCLED MIRROR CEILING

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who has the fairest ceiling of them all? Mine ... now!


I absolutely despise my kitchen ceiling. It's old, and yucky.I need a vintage cool one. 


Hmm what could  I put up there that was recycled.......thinking.....thinking....I GOT IT, MIRRORS!!!!     


 I have a bunch, but no where near what I'll need to cover an 11 x 11 ceiling. So off  thrifting I go...


*

                      These are some I had laying around.




                               Here is a day of thrifting...



This is what my ceiling looked like before.Yuck!


I removed all the mirrors and painted all the frames gloss white , with a dusting of mica glitter. Then I reassembled them....




This is my dining room table...there were many TV tray nights in the living room sacrificed for this project..HA HA !!!




A dab here and there with Quick Grab held the frames up long enough to drive a couple screws into them.
I can't seem to get any help around here, so I built my own helper from an old towel and post I found in the garage.We've built quite the friendship!LOL





My medallion had a piece missing, which worked perfect to get around the chandelier, and I  strategically placed a framed mirror over the missing spot.

I added some peachy pink roses to the center,cause I think they're pretty!


I was running low on small mirrors so I fashioned my own with a plaque, and a dollar store mirror....and of course PEARLS!













 

were getting there!.....
Just some trim work left!