Thursday, June 9, 2011

BAKED ICE CREAM CAKE


BAKED ICE CREAM CAKE

by Deidrea Stanke

 I miss her. It's as simple as that. No long, rambling stories recounted, no wisps of nostalgia or idle memories rekindled. I simply miss my mother.Much too often, as was our case, the cancer disease swallows up the loved one both physically and mentally, allowing us, the family, barely the time to prepare financially, legally, emotionally or psychologically.
Thoughts of food are gracefully intertwined with memories of my mother: baking our first muffins from scratch or pulling taffy across my childhood kitchen as we attempt our first homemade sweets.Food infused with memories; memories infused with food.
As I make a small attempt to spread a bit of understanding, share my own family's experience with this mysterious, destructive disease, I offer you a now-favorite recipe, one handed down to me by mom.A cake filled with love and chocolate and memories. Life is filled with many things and not all of them happy and good; my Mother's loss has left a dark, gaping hole yet I try and fill that empty space with fond memories, laughter and our shared love of food.


Please vote for Mom's recipe at Edible Nation Contestant Submission | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/contest/rachael-ray/100001213702751/#ixzz1OqauybcU


 BAKED Chocolate Ice Cream Cake 

1 box chocolate cake mix (or any other flavour)
1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened (again, any other flavour)
3 eggs
1 c water


Mix together.

Preheat oven to 350o. Grease a tube or bundt pan, then dust with cocoa powder.
Beat all ingredients together for 4 minutes, pour into pan and bake 45 minutes. Serve with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar, a thin icing, whipped cream or the frosting of your choice.

 I can't wait to try different concoctions!!!




                                        THANKS FOR LOOKING