Friday, May 20, 2011

TANKER TRUCK CAKE

An old dear friend, which I haven't seen in ages, contacted me to do a cake for her boyfriend in the shape of a tanker truck. Here is the picture of the truck. I'll post pictures when I get home from work tonight of the finished product.I'm so excited to get started.! He has an adorable Pomeranian like my Foxxy, and loves to grill, thought I could make the Pom look like it was grilling with a beer in it's hand!
Later.....




1st step:I cut the tank of the truck out of red velvet cake filled with cream cheese icing.




2nd step: I cut the cab out of a loaf pan I baked earlier. 



3rd step ice the tank gray , and the cab white.




Now the fun part..details.I used oreo's for the tires. 



Candy rocks......... David loves his grill and his Pomeranian, oh yeah,and beer! 


Hope they like it.They are picking it up Saturday morning,and it's off to Lambeau Field .HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!


UPDATE: Sunday, May 22, 2011......
Birthday boy with his cake.


                  Thanks for looking! 


      Have a GREAT weekend everyone.