Tuesday, May 17, 2011

PAPER MACHE' SCULPTING COMPOUND RECIPE

I  found my idea for Christmas next year.I always wanted a snowman in front of the house, but I'll not be going out to build one. So I came up with the idea to make mine in the warm summer sun ! Then all I have to do is plop them outside first snowfall. I will be using my exercise balls, that never get used anymore anyway.I may as well put them to other  uses.


When winter's first snowflakes drift to the ground, memories are stirred of childhood days spent sculpting the perfect snow woman!

I will cover my paper mache' with a outdoor sculpting compound, and texture them like real snow.And of course glitter for mine !



PAPER MACHE' SCULPTING COMPOUND RECIPE:
Ingredients:
1 roll of Angel Soft toilet paper
3/4 cup of white glue Elmers
1 cup of joint compound... not quick set
1/2 cup white flour
2 tablespoons linseed oil or glycerin

Step 1. Fill a high-sided bowl with warm water. Remove the toilet paper from the roll and throw it into the water. Push down on the paper to make sure all of it gets wet.
Step 2. Then pick up the paper and squeeze out as much water as you can. Pour the water out of the bowl and put your paper mass back in.
Step 3. You will want to break the paper into chunks about 1″ across. This will allow your mixer to move around the pieces and break them apart.
Step 4. Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix, using an electric mixer. The mixer will pull the fibers of the toilet paper apart and turn it into pulp. Continue to mix for at least 3 minutes to make sure all the paper has been mixed in with the other ingredients. If you still see some lumps, use a fork or your fingers (with the mixer turned off!) to break them apart, and then mix some more.
Your paper mache'  is now ready to use. It will look a bit like cookie dough
If you don’t plan to use your clay right away, place it in an airtight container to keep it from drying out. The clay should stay usable for 5 days or more, if you keep it covered. The recipe makes about 1 quart.

When winter's first snowflakes drift to the ground, memories are stirred of childhood days spent sculpting the perfect snow woman!

I  'll be using a wide variety of fabrics, materials and accessories to create these handcrafted snow woman and fireman.

Mine will be a Diva...

Hubby is Fire Chief....



If I put 2 pieces of rebar or a fence stake in the ground  before it freezes I should be able to slide the 3 balls on without fear of it tipping over. Put a spotlight on them, And VOILA'

I'LL POST PICS OF THE REAL THING WHEN THEY ARE DONE!
Looking forward to winter?....not so much !

Thanks For Looking !!!  xxxoooo  ~Suzy


.