Tuesday, September 20, 2016

CHICKEN NO PEEK made with Aldi's ingredients...



O.k ...so I see this wonderful recipe for no peek chicken..I save it, and decide tonight is the night I am going to make it...so off to the grocery store I go...



WAIT...but I shop at Aldi's so their products are mostly all different than other grocery stores, but I know I will find something comparable....much cheaper and more organic I might add..so off I go on the hunt. 


No Uncle Ben's there, but I do find a box of wonderful long grain dirty rice with green and red peppers...yummmm [Hubby isn't a fan of wild rice anyway...
he calls it  'THAT CHEWY RICE'....lol
They do have the cream soups, and the chicken breasts or tenders, and the chicken broth, so ya, I scored...



Uncle Ben's is a 6 ounce box, and Aldi's  Dirty Rice is a 4 ounce box, so I added 2 ounces brown rice to my Aldi's dirty rice box to get the same amount for the recipe. 
2 oz of brown rice is about 5 Tbsp or about 1/4 cup.






1 box Aldi's Dirty Rice Box
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove Garlic
Chicken breasts or tenders
1/2 stick of butter cut into squares added to top

How to make it :
In a greased 9 x 13 pan, mix the box of rice, cans of celery and mushroom soup. Worcestershire, garlic, and chicken broth


Arrange the raw chicken on top of the rice mixture…. add butter dots all over the top.


Cover and seal with foil……

Bake at 350 degrees for 2 1/2 hours and “Don’t Peek!”

Your house will smell amazing!