Thursday, October 13, 2011

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES




I know it's the end of the season for my tomato plants, but there still are many beautiful green tomatoes left. I need to make use of them somehow......hhmmmmm, I GOT IT..FRIED GREEN TOMATOES.!









Ingredients

  • 2 green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup corn flour or flour
  • 1/4 cup cornmeal
  • Old Bay Seasoning to taste
  • oil or bacon grease for frying

Directions
  1. Soak the tomato slices in the buttermilk for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Mix the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper.
  3. Pull the tomato slices out of the buttermilk dredge them in the cornmeal mixture.
  4. Fry the tomato slices in oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minute per side.
*I served this with ketchup and a horseradish sauce (just freestyled a little sour cream, mayo, horseradish, dijon, salt, and pepper).



Try them on your BLT for an unusual twist !